Managing change is complex and a different approach is required for each project. However there are core activities that should be included in each change project:
- Analyse and understand your stakeholders thoroughly. Start engaging them early and often to build solid relationships
- Understand the organisational culture and the approaches that will and won’t work
- Identify the gaps between current and future ways of working and assess the shifts required from both a competence and behavioural perspective
- Ensure people are skilled enough to meet the new challenges
- Identify the teams and people who to transition to once the project is finished and who can carry on the good work.